INTRODUCING YOUR MBA ADMISSIONS SUCCESS TEAM
While we have the most comprehensive process in the industry to get you into a top MBA program, it simply wouldn’t work without the quality, diversity, and MBA Admissions experience in our team.
You see, MBA Link has a 100% success rate with applicants applying to at least 4 schools.
That means every single one of our clients gets admitted to at least 1 of their top 4 schools. This success stems from the experienced talent on our team nurturing the fresh talent of our clients.
What you’ll find here is a group of people who could be doing just about anything they want to do in the business world. (These people have serious bona fides.) They’ve chosen to apply their experience and connections in MBA admissions consulting because they love nurturing raw talent.
What candidate doesn’t want that kind of dedication and experience on their side when applying to the program that will define the trajectory of their entire career?
We are proud of our work in helping tomorrow’s business leaders get a world-class MBA. We help clients:
- Improve their GMAT scores to increase their school options;
- Determine the best programs to advance their life goals;
- Polish their interview skills so they can rise above the competition;
- Gain admission to the best MBA program for their career goals;
- Form strong networks during and after their MBA program to enhance their careers.
We couldn’t do it without our world-class team of admissions consultants, including Application Coordinators, F.A.M.E. coaches, Resume Coaches, Essay Coaches, and Interview Coaches, as well as our GMAT instructors and our management team.
Learn about our Admissions Consultants (application coordinators, F.A.M.E. coaches, resume coaches, essay coaches, and interview coaches). More than just dry bios, we’ve outlined how each person fits the needs of our diverse clients from around the world.
Meet our GMAT instructors and find out how they give students the tools to perform at peak on this important test, whether it’s the first attempt or a repeat.
MBA ADMISSIONS CONSULTANTS
BA, Boston College
M.Ed, University if Notre Dame
American, based in Taipei, Taiwan
Katelyn has worked in admissions for nearly two decades, and most recently served as the Assistant Dean of MBA Admissions at Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business in Washington, D.C. In that role, she managed the Admissions and Scholarship Committees for both the Full-time and Part-time MBA programs, so she knows what top-tier MBA programs are looking for throughout the application review process. Throughout the years, Katelyn has recruited, evaluated and interviewed thousands of candidates, so she brings a broad base of experience, perspective and valuable insight to her MBA Link clients. (She also has a lot of funny stories to tell!) In her free time, she loves exploring her new home in Taipei with her husband and two young kids.
How Katelyn’s experience can benefit you:
- If you're looking for someone with direct experience, making admissions and scholarships decisions and advising eager MBA candidates, Katelyn is your person! She will help you create the strongest application possible and avoid the mistakes that many applicants make during the admissions process.
- Katelyn is a pro when it comes to messaging and creating a compelling narrative for applicants. She will help you position yourself so that you're optimized for success throughout the MBA application process.
- Staying on track and "beating deadlines, not just meeting them" is a key ingredient to success in the admissions process. Katelyn's organized and structured approach to client coaching will help you have an enjoyable experience and mitigate stress as much as possible. She will also help you keep your eye on the prize and be ready to celebrate when the offers of admission roll in!
BA, Trinity College
American, based in the US
Russell was the Associate Director of Admissions at Duke University Fuqua School of Business for 11 years. While some may not be as familiar with Fuqua, this program is consistently highly ranked, rating as high as #1 globally by Bloomberg in 2014.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and Gates Foundation cofounder Melinda Gates are some of Fuqua’s many distinguished alumni.
Russell is a globally recognized expert on recruitment strategies for international MBA programs recruiting from Asia. He led the Asia recruitment strategy for Duke Fuqua, which is well known as one of the most international US MBA programs, and has consulted with other schools on their Asia recruitment strategy.
Russell has been traveling to Asia for 10+ years and maintains high-level connections in the major cities throughout Asia.
How Russell’s Experience Helps You:
- The sheer volume of experience he’s had in making decisions on thousand of MBA applicants over the years means you’ll have the best odds of making the cut in a competitive school.
- If you are an Asian student, Russell understands better than anyone what US and international programs are looking for in Asian candidates since consulted on many of their Asian recruiting strategies.
- Russell’s infectious personality outs him immediately as a people person. His warmth, encouragement, and heartfelt connection with our clients always earn him rave reviews during the often stressful application process.
Founder, CEO of MBA Link
BsBa, Georgetown University
MBA, Cornell University
American based in Singapore
After working as an admissions consultant for three years, Lawrence founded MBA Link because he didn’t think any other MBA admissions consulting firm was doing enough to support applicants in producing truly outstanding applications. Before working in MBA admissions, Lawrence worked in private wealth management and private equity.
In addition to managing MBA Link, Lawrence supports the MBA students at INSEAD as a career adviser based on the Singapore campus. Lawrence is passionate about entrepreneurship and education and volunteer teaches classes on entrepreneurship in public schools for Junior Achievement Singapore. Lawrence is an American with ethnic origins in the Caribbean and Eastern Europe and spent much of his childhood in Kenya.
How Lawrence’s Experience Benefits You:
- Lawrence is a serial entrepreneur who is passionate about developing people and making breakthroughs in their professional lives. Anyone who’s spoken to Lawrence knows he has a way of pulling out their best.
- Lawrence has lived on 3 separate continents for 5 years or longer, so he knows what it takes to integrate and succeed in a new country.
- His father is a celebrated authority on creative problem solving in mathematics, and considering Lawrence’s success in finance and investing, the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree.
BA, Barnard College
MBA, Yale University
Bryna Kranzler has a unique combination of skills in that she is both a writer and a business school graduate. She earned her B.A. in (Play)writing from Barnard College and her M.B.A. from Yale University School of Organization and Management. She spent 15 years in marketing positions for health care, high tech, and consumer products companies before returning to writing.
She has spent many years assisting students with their college and graduate school application essays. In 2014, she participated in an inaugural Yale Alumni Service Corps project to provide essay coaching and counseling to high-achieving, low-income students in West Virginia — the state with the lowest percentage of college graduates (11.7%) in the U.S. As one of the essay coaches, she worked with students to help them “put [their] heart[s] onto paper” for their application essays.
Bryna’s first book, The Accidental Anarchist, is the winner of multiple awards, including the Readers Favorite Award for Historical/Cultural Non-Fiction, the International Book Award, and National Indie Excellence Award for a Historical Biography.
BA, Communications, Mississippi State University
IMBA, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
DBA Candidate 2020, SDA Bocconi School of Management
Harvard University, Certificate in Higher Education Teaching
American, based in Hong Kong
Leslie has a rich and varied career that cuts across multiple industries including; advertising, hospitality, QSR (quick service restaurants) and higher education, specifically business schools. She has held management roles conducting sales, marketing, business development, financial analysis, relationship management, strategic career advising, fund raising and, since 2017, academic research. Leslie has lived and worked in the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan and travelled professionally to more than 50 countries.
Since 2009 Leslie has held leadership roles in two world-class business schools and through 2020 is a doctoral student at a third. Her work for and affiliations with The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Lee Kong Chian School of Business (Singapore Management University) and SDA Bocconi School of Management (Bocconi University) provide her with a truly unique lens through which to teach and counsel prospective business school students, current students, and alumni on topics including; strategic career readiness and development; career management; and employability. Leslie has deep experience working amid the complexities of cross border career planning and management, specifically between the U.S. and Asia-Pacific. To deepen her knowledge in this area, in 2017 she began researching self-perceptions of employability of Chinese post-graduate returnees educated in the U.S. Through this research, Leslie is collaborating with over ten highly ranked U.S. business schools, MBA and Masters students, and employers in China with a goal of exploring if self-perceptions of employability actually match reality.
Leslie and her husband have two children, two dogs, and one bossy cat. They all reside in Hong Kong’s quaint and breathtaking New Territories.
BA, Huntsman Program in International Studies and Business (dual-degree program from The Wharton School and College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania)
MBA, Wharton School of Business
MA, Arts Administration, Columbia University
Malaysian, based in Singapore
In her early career, Melissa successfully revived flagging Baileys sales in North America, and cracked marketing strategy challenges for the likes of American Express, British Telecom, and Frito-Lay as a marketing strategy consultant with Vivaldi Partners in New York.
Prior to that, Melissa began her career in investment banking and distressed debt, and has cut her teeth at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and JP Morgan.
An investigator at heart and a natural storyteller, Melissa loves digging deep to surface unarticulated motivations and unique opportunities for organizations or individuals, and weaving them into a compelling narrative to bring their story to life.
She has done this in various capacities: as an innovation strategist in NYC and London with ?What If!, a boutique innovation consultancy, and as an opera performer and dramatic coach that is constantly looking for new angles to interpret text and unearth new insight into the stories and characters in her music.
Passionate about coaching and empowering individuals to realize their fullest potential, Melissa loves bringing her unique coaching approach to business school admissions to others as an admissions coach.
In her spare time, Melissa enjoys little adventures with her toddler and working with arts non-profits to grow the opera audience in Asia for wonderful music that she believes still has the power to move and inspire us in magical ways.
How Melissa’s Experience Benefits You:
- If you don’t know how to position yourself, rely on Melissa’s artsy and perceptive way of thinking combined with her exceptional academic experience to craft a compelling story about yourself.
After many years of admissions consulting experience, Melissa has honed a supportive yet firm hand in guiding candidates through the process.
- If you are an MBA candidate with an artistic side, Melissa will show you how to merge your two worlds into one unbeatable combination.
BA, Economics, University of Pennsylvania
MBA, Harvard Business School
American, based in the US
Shawn has over 15 years of investment banking experience, including time spent with Credit Suisse and Bank of Montreal. He has participated in dozens of corporate finance transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, corporate divestitures, leveraged buyouts and the sale of private and family-held businesses.
Additionally, Shawn has advised and consulted with several start-ups and middle market organizations.
He has significant experience developing and implementing strategies and solutions that achieve consensus among key stakeholders across organizations. Shawn also has 7 years of experience as an Alumni Interviewer for the University of Pennsylvania.
How Shawn’s Experience Benefits You:
- If your career goals lean toward finance, Shawn is the expert you need.
- Shawn is the kind of person who can take a big picture goal and implement it through minute detail.
- As a resume coach, Shawn knows how to present you in the best light.
BA, Philosophy, Harvard University
Swazi, based in Dubai
After graduating from Harvard University with a B.A. in Philosophy, Melusi began his career as an educator at the MATCH Middle School, a charter school devoted to educating disadvantaged youth in Boston. During his year-long fellowship at MATCH, Melusi honed his teaching and mentorship skills, which would serve him well in the years to come as an undergraduate admissions consultant and test prep trainer.
Melusi has over four years of experience in the test prep industry, preparing students for success in standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, and GMAT, and in high school examination boards such as the International Baccalaureate and A-levels.
Drawing on his wealth of experience in the world of standardized testing, Melusi also develops content and curricula for test prep programs, which incorporate the best practices he has learned over the years. His passion for education lies in not only guiding his students in their quest for success but also encouraging them to believe in themselves and their capabilities.
How Melusi’s Experience Benefits You:
- Melusi’s background and experience speaks to his dedication to education. He’s in this for the long haul.
- He’s freaky smart, even in a company like ours which is made up of academic stars. Use his brain to enhance yours!
- His training and experience adds to his natural talent for patience and breaking down difficult concepts so they are easy to understand.
BA Economics, Yale University
Singaporean, based in Singapore
Carolyn attended high school in London, England and has experience with the UK university application system. In addition, she was offered a place to read Natural Sciences at Cambridge University.
She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Yale University and an MBA from INSEAD.
Carolyn has been a Yale Alumni Interviewer since 2006.
She has worked for an international New York City-headquartered law firm and a global investment bank in Fixed Income. Post-MBA, she has worked with various SMEs and start-ups in Singapore.
How Carolyn’s Experience Benefits You:
- She studied for the CFA and for the GMAT while working, so she understands the challenges of studying while working full time.
- Carolyn is highly methodical, organized, and supportive. Plus, she’s a great listener!
- Carolyn’s international experience is highly sought after by students who want to study and work in other countries.